Non-Trucking Liability

Non-trucking liability covers when you use your business truck for personal use like going to the bank, grocery store or your kid’s special events.

Since you are not driving for business purposes, there is no coverage under your Motor Carrier’s liability or business auto policy.

NTL is in most cases, required by the motor carrier with whom the owner/operator has signed a lease agreement.

This insurance fills a potential gap for non-business use of the equipment, and helps to protect the motor carriers’ primary liability policy.